Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Happy New Year!

Hi there!

I am copying the text of an email I sent out to those of you who are on my mailing list, today!

If you're not on the mailing list - add your address here to join:




Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Sign up for our Email Newsletter
















For Email Marketing you can trust



2009 was another whirlwind year here and I couldn't be more grateful to each of you for your patronage, support and kind words.

I've got some cool promotions as well as big changes brewing for 2010. Read on!

Over the past six years you have supported me and my photography. You've given me highest complements through the referrals of your friends and families. I have spent these past few years working to build a business that would bring moving, beautiful and unique memories into your homes. To that end, I think I've had a lot of successes.

Today, I feel I am at a crucial stage in the growth of my business and what I need to foster now, is one simple thing: Balance. As you probably know balancing a career, family and a little bit of free time isn't an easy thing to do. It's especially not easy for the artistic parts of my personality.

I need to balance my business, and my life, in order to serve my clients, my family and myself better.

I have come up with a list of new years resolutions, of sorts, that I believe will help me to create this much needed balance!

1. Host MORE Mini Sessions and Events. I'll be offering a wider variety of mini session events and organized location portrait sessions. I'll be doing this to create new, lower cost ways for you to use my services more often. It will also provide me with a much needed schedule that I can adhere to.

2. Communicate deadlines. All deadlines will now be communicated in writing, so that you know with 100% certainty when your portraits will be ready to be reviewed, orders can be placed and your finished prints will be placed in your hands. My communication will be clear and consistent and I'll back that up with a guarantee:

If for any reason I am unable to stick to a communicated deadline, you'll get $20 in print credit PER DAY over the quoted deadline

3. Be present in the moment. What does this mean to you? It means I'll be keeping more regular hours both at home and at work. My new business hours will be strictly adhered to. I commit to taking only the work I can manage in the time I have available to complete it. This means I'll be taking on fewer individual sessions, and instead using those mini sessions and events I talked about in item 1, above, to accommodate the majority of my workload.

and finally,

4. Do more of what fuels me. I commit to giving back to the community and being available for the needs charitable organizations. I commit to doing a quarterly personal photography project, to keep my creativity sharp and fresh.


I respectfully offer these commitments up to you. They'll provide solutions for a few trouble spots, and hopefully make the sweet spots a little bit sweeter.

Have the happiest of new years, all!

Much Love!

No comments:

Followers

history

About Me

775.830.1065. http://www.emilyloftus.com http://www.emilyloftus.blogspot.com Native of Reno, NV. Portrait Photographer. Mother. Wife. Big dreams.