Sunday, May 11, 2008

A day for mothers

Mother's day is a pretty cool day in our house. It's special to me, not because I'm huge on celebrating Mother's day, but because my husband has made a special point to teach the kids that it's an important day. All week long my daughter has been telling me that Mother's Day is her favorite holiday. She's been Christmas Eve Anxious all week about it. It's the cutest thing.

This morning my family treated me to a hot breakfast, my dad came by with flowers and a card, then I took the kids out for some summer clothes shopping. When we got home I got to take photos of them as they played in the front yard, the neighbor's automatic sprinklers added to the fun. There are rumors that The Man is bringing delicious take-out dinner home tonight. That's a pretty good day in my book.

So, happy mother's day to all of you. Especially you, my wonderful girlfriends, amazing clients and fabulous family, I love you all so much. I hope you've had an amazing day.

In closing, I thought I would share a happy memory about my mom.

First, you have to know a little bit about her. She initially comes across as quiet and laid back. In truth she can be quiet and laid back, but oh! when she's not.

The truth is, my mom is one of the most hilarious people I know.


My Memory:
I am nine years old. We are walking together, across a quiet street. We are on vacation. We're discussing how you can swing a bucket full of water upside down and the water won't fly out. Mom says, "Why is it when I swing my purse around like this (swings purse) nothing falls out?" We laugh. She continues, "But when I do this (opens purse, turns it upside down, shakes vigorously) everything falls out?"




Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you!

This is my favorite photo of my her. I took it at my son's birthday party a year and a half ago. He was born in October, and that year we had a costume party for his birthday. My mom doesn't usually wear a hat, but for Halloween my mom, my sister and I all dressed up as my little brother.


No comments:

Followers

history

About Me

775.830.1065. http://www.emilyloftus.com http://www.emilyloftus.blogspot.com Native of Reno, NV. Portrait Photographer. Mother. Wife. Big dreams.