Friday, June 13, 2008

Time Flies

I met Kelly when we were in the Fifth Grade. My best friend from fifth grade, had been her best friend from fourth grade, and we were fast friends at said friend's slumber party. We bumped into each other throughout the years, most notably at UNR where we ran in similar circles. She and her boyfriend had a class with my boyfriend. Though it seems silly to refer to either one of those men as "boyfriend" because both of them became our husbands very soon after. We lost touch at some point after each of us got married. It was years later when I was invited to a party at a friend's house, and I happened to recognize the name on the invitation. It was Kelly.

Ever since then we have remained in close contact. She's just had her third baby and I couldn't be happier for her. She is kind enough to allow me to document her family's history through portraiture and every six month, like clockwork, she books an appointment. She's faithful, appreciative and a wonderful client. Tonight, I'm burning the midnight oil editing her portrait session from today because I just can't seem to set it aside. Her children are beyond delightful.
Here's a little side-by-side comparison of photos from our session this time last year, just because I thought it was fun.
My, how a year changes things. She's grown so much. Believe it or not, this is NOT the same location. I guess there are only so many kinds of flowers that actually grow in Nevada. Haha.







No comments:

Followers

history

About Me

775.830.1065. http://www.emilyloftus.com http://www.emilyloftus.blogspot.com Native of Reno, NV. Portrait Photographer. Mother. Wife. Big dreams.