Sunday, January 18, 2009

Old Friends



Growing up and living in the same town for my entire life has afforded me some beautiful opportunities, not the least of which is the ability to maintain life long friendships.

In fifth grade I was but a shadow of the totally put together and with-it woman I am today. (ha!) Silly? Yes. Awkward? Often. Luckily for me, I had a silly/awkward soul mate. Even more luckily for me, I still have her. Since the fifth grade we've given each other counsel, since the 8th grade we've colored one another's hair, we've always thrown food at each other on a pretty regular basis.
Our lives are intertwined, and so are the lives of our families. Each of the women in this photo serve an important role in my life, and in my history. Who are they to me? You already know about my Best Friend and Confidant. The others are many things, including sister-entertainer, nanny, accountant, model, person-to-tease, there are more answers to this question. Years ago we taught each other how to make messes. Not just any messes, but real, actual MESSES. They kept my sister out of my hair back in the days when she was an annoying baby, so that us mature older sisters could throw eggs at each other in the kitchen.
One of them was born the same day as my brother, two hospital doors down the hall. One of them comes to my house every quarter and helps me do things I'm not very good at. One of them is probably the best babysitter known to mankind.
The history we have together cannot be faked. In many ways, these women are my sisters, too.
And aren't they all growing to be such beautiful women?

No comments:

Followers

history

About Me

775.830.1065. http://www.emilyloftus.com http://www.emilyloftus.blogspot.com Native of Reno, NV. Portrait Photographer. Mother. Wife. Big dreams.